Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Few New Links on the Side

I try to keep a fairly comprehensive and varied list of links on the left side of this page - it's a handy place for me to go and get to my favorites. I have it set up so that the links don't open in a new window, so I can always get back with a click or two on the "back" button. So, without further adieu, here are a few new links I want to be on my list of regular visits . . .

J-Dub (aka Mocommonsense) is a young blogger out of Columbia. I had a lot of fun in Columbia when I was in law school there, and I still enjoy the occasional visit. J-Dub is the kind of guy I'd enjoy having a beer with and discussing politics over a game of pool at Booche's.

Three O'Clock in the Morning is a generally conservative Kansas-side blogger, but, if you read his work for a while, you can tell that he's almost smart enough to become a liberal. He also enjoys a thoughtful discussion, and eschews throwing out simple talking points.

Sirvinegar: blue in the face is just damned funny. Check out, for example, his take on the recent DC nerve gas scare:
You could be a winner!
Okay, everybody, check your entry forms. Who out there had "Nerve Agent", "Senate Building", and "2/8/2006" in the most recent Cheney/Rove False Alarm office pool?

I had "Capital Dome", "Anthrax", and next Tuesday down for mine. I have the worst luck at these sorts of things.
The best I could do was a lame reference to Jack Bauer, so lame that it didn't even make it past my lax internal censor.

I also have to add a link to Death's Door, because everybody loves Death's Door. It and Tony's Kansas City are the sole common threads among Kansas City's blogging community. Unfortunately for me, though, something on Death's Door does not cooperate with a RAM-starved Powerbook G3 running Firefox on OS X 10.3.9, and it makes my computer freeze up. Enjoy it, those of you with better equipment!

Finally, I'm adding a link to the Missouri Ethics Commission's page for searching donations to state candidates. It's a good tool for finding out who's financing whom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, thanks for the love. I can always go for a Booches burger. If you're ever in town, look me up. Rock on.

2/11/2006 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home